NSF Funding Opportunity in Big Data Sciences and Engineering (due March 22)
The National Science Foundation (NSF) recently announced a collaboration with major cloud providers to spur innovation in its flagship research program - BIGDATA (Critical Techniques, Technologies and Methodologies for Advancing Foundations and Applications of Big Data Sciences and Engineering), with an anticipated $26.5 million in funding for 2017.
Additionally, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google, and Microsoft will provide up to $3 million each in cloud credits and resources to qualifying NSF-funded projects, enabling researchers to obtain access to state-of-the-art cloud resources.
The BIGDATA program seeks novel approaches to accelerate research and innovation in big data and data science domains, which are projected to play a key role in the future growth of U.S. economy.
The proposal submission window is March 15-22 (no later than 5 p.m. submitter's local time on March 22 2017).
More InformationFor more information, please visit the websites below:
- NSF's BIGDATA Program Announcement: http://www.nsf.gov/news/news_summ.jsp?cntn_id=190830&org=CISE&from=news
- NSF BIGDATA Solicitation and Requirements: https://www.nsf.gov/pubs/2017/nsf17534/nsf17534.htm
- AWS Research Initiative: http://aws.amazon.com/government-education/research-and-technical-computing/nsf-aribd/
- AWS's NSF BIGDATA Program Announcement: http://aws.amazon.com/blogs/publicsector/amazon-web-services-and-the-national-science-foundation-spur-innovation-in-big-data-research/
- Microsoft's NSF BIGDATA Program Announcement: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/research/blog/microsoft-continues-to-support-data-science-research/
For questions, please email Dr. Ozlem Garibay (email@example.com).